Sunday 3 May 2009

iPod Touch =]


Hello all.

We have a new "system" to add to our blogger-ness now. The iPod touch.
Yes. An iPod.
Both me and Ducky boy have one now.
But I have to say, I think it will be more likely to be me who posts about the games on it, seeing as I use it a lot more for games than lil punk duck. However!! I think we would both agree on the next thing I am going to say; if you have an iPod touch/iPhone....

Go Download Mafia Wars, Now!!!
 
This is a game developed by Zynga, a "social gaming" company who create games for social network sites like FacebookBebo, and MySpace. They have also created a good few games for the iPod touch, which can be downloaded from the App store.
Mafia Wars is completely FREE and an excellent little game; highly addictive and very enjoyable. The aim of the game is to become the best Mafia there is. You create a character from a list of 3 or 4 (I can't remeber exactly) which have different bonuses such as gaining money faster, energy, or stamina (I went with Criminal; faster energy regeneration). You use energy to do jobs, which gains experience and money. You then buy weapons and vehicles to fight other Mafia Wars players (which uses stamina), and buy properties to increase your income.
You can also check out this game on Facebook. It's slighlt different from the iPod version, but the idea is the same.

Next up, Airport Mania.

Now this is a fun little game, wherein, you run your own airport. Planes come and go from your airport and you have to direct them to a runway to land, to a gate to drop off/pick up passengers, then to the runway to take off again.
Sounds simple, yes? Well, yeh, it kind of is. But the aim is to get a set amount of money each stage. Now, you get bonuses for landing/taking off planes on the same runway in a short space between each other, and matching same colour planes to a gate. You have to manage your airport constantly, as the planes have happiness meters. Leave them waiting too long, and theyl get unhappy, and youl get less money. It gets more complicated as you play through, with more planes coming and going, and you having to refuel and repair planes whilst working around the others. It also has quite nice graphics too.
This again is one game I would highly recommend.
Unfortunately, this is not free though. It will set you back a staggering 59p. =O
But if that's too much for you, there is a free lite version for download aswell.

Anyway, thats about it for the iPod.
Now on to the next subject.
Awhile ago, my PSP died. I didn't know what the problem was, it just wouldn't turn on. Maybe it was the battery that broke, charger, or the PSP itself? I didn't know. So I just let it rot under my bed, 'cos I didn't want to buy a new charger/battery when I didn't know what the the problem was.
But! Thanks to a friend at college, we have now discovered that it was a faulty charger! Whoop! So I went out and bought a new one, and now I have my PSP back!!
This means that I will likely be posting about the PSP aswell again soon, including the Xbox  360, DS lite, and iPod touch.

Well, thats about it for now.
Keep Gaming.

FreekyWiggle

No comments:

Race To 40K


VS